Groups can be used for collaboration among users as they offer the possibilities to:
- discuss topics in forums
- create and edit pages and collections together
- share files
- share pages
- submit pages for assessment / feedback
You can create different groups depending on your role.
- Open membership: Any user of the site can become a member simply by visiting your group page and clicking the Join button.
- Request membership: Any user can request to join your group. However, as owner you can choose to accept or decline this request. The requesting member will be notified of your decision automatically.
In addition, staff and administrators can create groups with controlled membership:
- You can add users directly to your group.
- The members cannot leave this group.
- You can assign tutors to the group. They can give feedback on submitted pages, but not administer group members.
- Group members can submit portfolio pages or collections for feedback / assessment. These pages are locked until released by a group administrator or tutor.